Saturday, March 28, 2020

Manipulating Makeup

   Due to the Corona Virus and the continuation of social distancing, I was unable to get one of my friends to be my actress. I had hoped social distancing would not for this long, but unfortunately it has so I am going to be the actress and ask my brother and mom to help me film if possible or stack a bunch of stuff lying around my room to get the right height and film like that.

   Since the ideal age range for the main actress is mid twenties and I am only seventeen, I have been looking up how to use makeup to manipulate how old I look. Although I have heard that I look old for my age, I still need to age a bit more.

   I know Wikipedia is not the best idea to use for research but Wikihow was one of the more helpful sites I came upon on how to manipulate makeup. Although I could follow a tutorial, each persons facial features vary so the general idea of what I need to do was better to understand then trying to follow a video.

   Overall, I found that I need to 110% need to figure out how to properly use contour because that will create more defined features such as the cheekbones and nose. After that, I need to go over it with bronzer to ensure it is blended and pops out. To even it out, I also need to apply highlighter right above the cheek bone. It is advised to use translucent powder but I don't have that and cannot currently get some because my mom doesn't want me leaving the house. I will also need to apply eye shadow and avoid bright colors so I will use more neutral tones. I will also attempt a slight wing eye liner because all the sites I went to expressed that it helps make the eyes look bigger. I already use concealer, color corrector and foundation which will not be a problem.

   I will be filming either tomorrow or next week and will be trying the makeup look the same day to ensure I don't waste makeup. I also usually get it on the first try and then can't redo the look another time so I plan on doing it the same day as I film.

Neecey. (2019, August 8). 15 Makeup Tips to Look Older. All Women Stalk. Retrieved from https://allwomenstalk.com/make-up-tips-to-look-older/

Savy. [It'sYourGirlSavy]. (2018, December 2). How to Make Yourself Look Older Using Makeup [YouTube]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I_mq5nPPrs

Vann, D. (2020, January 7). How to use Makeup to Look Older. Wikihow. Retrieved from https://www.wikihow.com/Use-Makeup-to-Look-Older

No comments:

Post a Comment