Sunday, March 8, 2020

Let's Be Low Key

   Lighting manipulates the emotions viewers have on the film. It sets the tone before any music is played or any dialogue is presented. This is going to be one of the more difficult parts for me: the set up of the room with the lighting.

   I am going to utilize low-key lighting because it creates that dramatic effect I am looking for. The intense contrast will create the tone of suspicion and the idea of being untrustworthy as the case file is introduced. My mom's office is surrounded by windows so creating a more dark atmosphere will be slightly complicated and I will need to rearrange the room which will take me the longest as well as getting the right light being presented through the camera.

"How Low-Key Lighting can Instantly Make Your Film Dramatic" by Caleb Ward
After doing some research, I found this visual in one of the websites the most helpful because I can get a visual idea of how I need my set up to be when I start filming. I realized that the lighting needs to be angled on the side to create the intense contrast on the subject. Of course when filming, I will take more clips and experiment with it so I have a variety of shots to choose from during the editing.


Ward, C. (2015, July 7). How Low-Key Lighting can Instantly Make Your Film Dramatic. The Beat. Retrieved from https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/how-low-key-lighting-can-instantly-make-your-film-dramatic/

Renee, V. (2017, June 24). A Guide on How to Use Light to Communicate Emotion for Film. No Film School. Retreived from https://nofilmschool.com/2017/06/guide-how-use-light-communicate-emotion-film


No comments:

Post a Comment