Friday, March 20, 2020

Dun Dun Dun

   Music.

   Music has a way of creating a tone and connection all on its own without visuals. But with visuals, the music can be more influential of the tone. Therefore, the music is important to dictate because if you have a tense situation, you definitely should not be having sad music in the background.

   I have been looking for music or quiet some time now and realized I will not know what I am fully looking for until I actually have the visuals done. Although I was imagining everything in my head as I was listening to the music, nothing seemed right. Since I started editing and have the first half done, I started looking at the music again. I had initially written down some beats I had liked which turned out to not work once I put it with the visuals. 

   Once I had gone through every single song on the Royalty Free website- Purple Plant under creepy, I realized that I was looking under the wrong area. So next, I went through "Tense." Most of them were in fact tense but many were not fitting the vibe I am going for. I was listening to each one while playing my edits on another tab to see if it worked. I finally came upon "Cat & Mouse," which I had written off as a no when I initially wen through the music. After listening to it simultaneously with the videos, it worked for the vibe I wanted. Just to be sure though, I continued looking through other songs but nothing after that seemed to work. 
   I still need to film the second half of the film opening which hopefully still works with the music but we shall see. 

Cat & Mouse. (2020). Cat & Mouse. Purple Planet Music. Retrieved from https://www.purple-planet.com/tense

No comments:

Post a Comment