Thursday, February 20, 2020

Creative Process Towards Concept

   It took me a few days before my concept became wholesome. After my research, I realized that adventure has a wide range which means ample ideas, which actually was more difficult for me to think of ideas.

   Every idea I had was extremely cliche which I am trying to avoid. Once I realized that, I tried to think about the movies I stear more towards and why I like them...

  • the constant suspense
  • crime
  • the risk taking- obstacles
  • connection with the main character
  • putting 2 + 2 together myself
   And that's when it hit me... I wanted to do something crime related but since most films show both sides and the mastermind behind the plan at the start, I wanted to keep it concealed. I want it to relate back to the game Clue because you don't know who did it and everyone is a suspect. How could I do that? A mole in the agency. Therefore, everyone is suspicious. 

   The third bullet will most likely be the problem for me because I am a "goodie two-shoes" and taking risks is not something I would do. But this may be of help to me after all. All the main agents are risk takers from the start and they always prove it to be justified like in the show 24 or Miss Congeniality. Why not divert from this and have the character evolve from a "goodie two-shoes" to a risk taker? It diverts it from the typical crime fiction movie. Another inspiration I took from Miss Congeniality is having my main character, main agent, as a female. In most films such as Bad Boys or 24, they keep the male as the lead or have the female as the side agent. I want my agent to be the lead and take control of the situation and case. 

   After thinking of it in pieces and not whole as I originally did, I was able to grasp a better concept.
   Overall the story will be about a female agent , Agent Blake who is known as the "goodie two-shoes" of the office. Her partner, Agent Jackson, who is the risk taker, was murdered. The agency's main suspect is Agent Blake but she knows someone is the agency is the murderer and needs to determine who before she is arrested.

   As adventure films express a theme and evolution, Agent Blake will evolve to be a better agent by taking more risks and being more open to ideas. It will also shows that it is important to chose who you trust wisely and to be careful; the people who usually betray someones trust are closest to them. Therefore, I decided to call it "Back-stabbed."

No comments:

Post a Comment