Friday, April 10, 2020

Research. Research. Research.

    I have been doing more research and putting together my CCR over the past week which has taken longer than I anticipated.

   I learned a lot though not just from my research but I learned some new things about my computer such as how to screen record on it. I never knew that before and have had my computer for about three to four years. But I found that really cool that all I have to do is press the windows button on my computer along with the alt and R button. This is important because it is how I plan to prepare my CCR video.

   As mentioned in my previous post, I have already researched film distribution methods which I was astonished about the movie theater opportunities. With further research, I learned that only 14% of adults go the the movies at least once a month and 46% at least once a year. Although those are not the best odds, this is why I would like to distribute the film on YouTube which is used frequently by all ages. I did more research on YouTube and found from Teen Trending Report (2018) that "63.5% of teenagers watch YouTube daily- with 34% watching multiple times per day. 37.4% of teens have clicked on a YouTube advertisement while watching a video. 64% of teens have shared a YouTube video on Facebook, Twitter, or other social media." This information expresses that social media is an important part of distribution and advertisement for my film opening because it can spread more throughout others and a great plattform since majority of the population uses YouTube.

   Aside from that, I have also learned that 89% of females and 90% of males enjoy the adventure while 84% of females and 74% of males enjoy the crime genre. Alongside this, 89% people aging from 18-44 & 65+ , 90% people aging 45-54, and 92% of people aging from 55-64 enjoy adventure. 80% people aging from 18-29 , 84% people aging 30-44, and 81% of people aging from 45+ enjoy crime.


Anderson, M. & Jiang, J. (May 31, 2018). Teens , Social Media & Technology 2018. Pew Research Center. Retrieved from https://www.pewresearch.org/internet/2018/05/31/teens-social-media-technology-2018/

Schevitz, T. & Gharib, S. (August 13, 2019). New Survey Reveals Teens Get their News From Social Media and YouTube. Common Sense Media. Retrieved from https://www.commonsensemedia.org/about-us/news/press-releases/new-survey-reveals-teens-get-their-news-from-social-media-and-youtube

Teen Trend Report. (2018). Teen Trend Report. Stages of Life. Retrieved from  https://www.stageoflife.com/StageHighSchool/TeenYouTubeStatistics.aspx


Watson, A. (December 12, 2018). Most popular movie genres among adults in the United States as of December 2018, by age group. Statista. Retrieved from https://www.statista.com/statistics/949810/favorite-movie-genres-in-the-us-by-age/


Watson, A. (August 27, 2019).Frequency of going to movie theaters to see a movie among adults in the United States as of June 2019. Statista. Retrieved from https://www.statista.com/statistics/264396/frequency-of-going-to-the-movies-in-the-us/


Watson, A. (December 12, 2019). Most popular movie genres among adults in the United States as of December 2018, by gender. Statista. Retrieved from https://www.statista.com/statistics/254115/favorite-movie-genres-in-the-us/

No comments:

Post a Comment